SV: Brother printer and option "routers"

Anders Rosendal anders at rosendal.nu
Sat Dec 13 10:29:59 UTC 2008

Hi
Have you tried removing all options that are not 100% necessary to get IP-connectivity?

I have seen quite a few examples when the dhcp-client fail just because you try to feed it with more information than it can handle.

I would try removing all options other then the router-option. If you have both pc-clients and printers on the same subnet you need to create a class matching just the printers, and in there class only put the routing option. Observe also that options declared in the global context are inherited to classes. This means that you must create a class for everything not matching the printers and move your options such as dns there.

Just for testing purposes you might comment out all for the printers "unnecessary" options for a couple of minutes in your "off-hours" and make a printer lease a address under those circumstances.

Regards Anders Rosendal