Hostname for DNS dynamic updates

Denis Laventure Denis_Laventure at uqac.ca
Tue Oct 9 13:40:41 UTC 2007

For our printers, we do that:

group {
ddns-hostname = pick (option host-name,
concat("dhcp-",binary-to-ascii(16,8,"-",substring(hardware,1,6))));
use-host-decl-names on;
  host printer1 { hardware ethernet 11:22:33:44:55:66; fixed-address
10.35.112.8; }
}

The name printer1 is assign to ddns-hostname (via use-host-decl-names)
and that name is recorded on our ddns server.

That seems to work fine here.

--
Denis Laventure
Technicien en informatique