Shared Network Configuration

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Nov 9 09:57:32 UTC 2007

>Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:46:33 -0400
>From: "Sean Higgins" <seanhiggs at gmail.com>
>To: dhcp-server at isc.org
>Subject: Shared Network Configuration
>
># Declaring a class for VoIP terminals
>
>class "voip-clients" {
> # Global option definitions common for all supported networks...
> default-lease-time 300;
> max-lease-time 7200;

These values are ok for testing, but will probably cause problems in
production. SOme devices can't handle very short lease times. I use
about 24 hours for PCs and a week for telephones as the lease time.

>  match if substring (option dhcp-client-identifier, 1, 3) = "voip";
>}

This will never match. You're generating a substring starting at
postion 1 (beginning of string is 0) and is 3 characters long. That
will not match the 4 character string "voip". Man dhcp-eval

regards,
-glenn