Load Balancing DHCP Servers

Aggarwal Vivek-Q4997C Q4997C at motorola.com
Thu May 3 09:56:57 UTC 2007

Hi Guys

There is one scenario,

There are 4 DHCP Servers and on router working as a relay agent for 4
DHCP servers

Now I want these 4 DHCP Servers to work in Load Balance Scenario means
if first request comes it goes to 1st server, 2nd request to 2nd Server,
3rd request to third and so on and if anyone server fails request is
automatically forwarded to another server.

Im using ISC DHCP 3.0 version and LINUX Operating system

Is it possible? If yes how can I achieve it? What should be
configuration of the servers and the relay agent?

Can anyone please send me the actual configuration for the above
scenario

Hope for quick reply

Rgds

Vivek Aggarwal