DHCP transactions per second

Ian Anderson ian.anderson at clearwire.com
Fri Jun 15 16:19:39 UTC 2007

dhcperf works really well.  It allows you to test DHCPDISCOVER tps as
well as RENEW tps.  It starts with 30 clients/sec and then keep working
its way up.  The one downfall is that it is extremely picky about when
it needs to receive a response from the server.  I believe it needs to
receive a response within .1 seconds, if it doesn't it considers that a
failure.  This is not a real world test by any means, as clients will
retransmit their requests.  dhcperf does not take this into account.