Motorola Settops

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Wed Jan 10 12:46:25 UTC 2007

>Subject: Motorola Settops
>Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 07:51:58 -0400
>From: "Kingston, Ken" <Ken.Kingston at aliant.ca>
>To: <dhcp-users at isc.org>
>
>Thanks to those who replied to my issue around the Motorola Settop. I
>seem to have an understanding as to what is happening now. The solution
>appears to be to use the "option dhcp-parameter-request-list" to force
>the server to pass certain options. The question I now have is how to
>relate a particular option to some number as that parameter is looking
>for a number not an ascii text string. The man pages only state that a
>number must be provided not how to relate a number to a particular
>option (i.e  root-path).
>
>Thanks

Have a look at the source in common/tables.c - here's the start of the
structure that maps the isc dhcp function name (on the left) to the
dhcp-option number (right hand column). You can see the rest of the
table in the source.

struct option dhcp_options [256] = {
        { "pad", "",                                    &dhcp_universe, 0 },
        { "subnet-mask", "I",                           &dhcp_universe, 1 },
        { "time-offset", "l",                           &dhcp_universe, 2 },
        { "routers", "IA",                              &dhcp_universe, 3 },
        { "time-servers", "IA",                         &dhcp_universe, 4 },

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell     mailto:glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au | Some days we are