DHCP server: how can I guarantee the reserved ip even it's also inside the range

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 07:01:09 UTC 2007

Tian Tian wrote:

>I have the ISC-DHCPd and PPTPd running on my Linux
>machine. After the PPTP client (Windows PC)
>successfully connect to it, I found the
>"connection-specific DNS Suffix:" information is not
>filled in if I type "ipconfig" on PC's CMD prompt.

This has NOTHING to do with the thread you posted in. Please start a
NEW thread when asking a new question - otherwise when people come to
read the archives (or just todays messages) they will find both
unrelated threads intermingled under the same subject.

That does NOT mean hit replay and change the subject either, there
are references in the message headers which are also used to thread
messages.

Copy the list address, create a NEW message, add a suitable subject
and your question.