dhclient -s server -p port

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Sep 7 20:48:59 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 08:38:58AM +0800, xp wang wrote:
> peruse the source code (sorry).  My question is:
>   Does these two functions are supported well if using a dhcpserver under Linux?

Nope.

Both of the options you're using are intended for testing/debugging/
contrived purposes.  They're not really meant to be used in the
general case for actual address assignment.

> Another question, does the dhcpclient support the VLAN sub-interface?

Yes, there are a few threads in the archive on how to do this.  On
linux you have to set the interface so it's 'cooked' (ISC software
doesn't grok the 802.1q tag).

The specifics of how to do this escape me at the moment.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.