different DHCP-ack option through DHCP-request and DHCP-inform

Mohr, Andreas Andreas.Mohr at tui.de
Thu Nov 30 14:23:11 UTC 2006

hi shane,
i check dhcp-3.0.5 for fix "DHCPINFORM handling for clients that
properly set ciaddr and come to the server via a relay aget has been
repaired.".

DHCP-ACK on DHCP-INFORM bug is not fixed in 3.0.5.
Do you need more informations?

- DHCP-INFORM via relay agent
- DHCP-ACK from dhcp server with wrong option domain-name-servers select
- right option domain-name-servers select within DHCP-REQUEST/DISCOVER
- wrong option domain-name-servers select within DHCP-INFORM

subnet 10.165.0.0 netmask 255.255.0.0 {
	option domain-name-servers 10.1.1.1; // wrong one for
DHCP-Inform from dynamic clients
	 pool {
        		option domain-name-servers 10.165.1.2;   //
right one for DHCP-Inform from dynamic clients
        		range 10.165.107.1 10.165.108.255;
    	}
}