Is there a Reason for Truncated Messages?

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Wed Nov 22 14:33:54 UTC 2006

"David W. Hankins" writes:
> Ecartis tries to 'force conformance' to text/plain in the presence
> of MIME.
>
> It does this by trying to dequote 'quoted/printable' and then to
> produce new 'text/plain' output.

	Wow!  I started digging a bit.  In September, I put
MIME-aware packages on this system so that one can use nmh and
quote MIME messages without having all that MIME and HTML raw
data be in the quote.  There haven't been any side effects of
that until I posted to the dhcp list which I don't really do that
often.  I didn't realize that there was a little MIME encoding in
even simple messages until I sent a test message to a Linux
system also running nmh and read the raw message file.There it
was and that explains what suddenly went wrong on my end.

	To post this message, I am bypassing the user agent and
using post to send this draft directly through sendmail.  I bet
it makes it intact.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer