host-entries

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Nov 10 11:39:18 UTC 2006

>Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 11:46:55 +0100
>From: "Tom Schmitt" <TomSchmitt at gmx.de>
>Subject: host-entries
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>
>Hi,
>
>I use ISC-DHCP 3.0.3 with failover. Because I have the need to add host-entries
very often I use OMshell for this, which is working fine.
>I thought :-(
>
>I discovered that my first DHCP-server is acting as expected: The host-entry is
in its db-file and it is offering the IP-adress I defined in the host-entry.
>But the failover-peer is acting like its know nothing about the host-entry. It
doesn't appear in its db-file and its offering another IP-address to the client.

>Any hints why the first server doesn't talk about the host-entry to the
failover-server?

I think you need to use omshell to add the host statement to both
servers separately.

>Maybe not connected with this:
>While I searched in the db-file I found statements to the failover-state of the
two servers (the connection was lost for a minute) where the date and time of
"my state" was correct, but the date and time of "partner state" was from last
year! I checked date and time on the partner server, it is up to date.

I asked about this some time ago. The field is updated once when the
leases file is created and then never changed. This is ok though as
nothing ever reads that filed from the lease file entry. While a bit
disconcerting you can safely not worry about it.

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell     mailto:glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au | Some days we are