undeclared subnet for eth0

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Mar 21 11:48:22 UTC 2006

Hi Jonathan

The error message

undeclared subnet for eth0 to start (0.0.0.0)

means it is trying to find an inteface named "start". This error
usually occurs when someone types "dhcpd start". What you probably want
is "service dhcpd start" or perhaps just "dhcpd".

What Simon was asking for was to post the output of the ifconfig command,
ie run th ecommand and paste the actual output into the body of the email.

If none of the above helps please post your dhcpd.conf file.

regards,
-glenn