host statement scope rules (ISC DHCP 3.0.5b1)

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Sun Jul 30 00:04:10 UTC 2006

If I understand this correctly You say that there is a difference
between placing a host statement in the global scope (i.e. outside all
subnet statements) and placing the host statement within a subnet
declaration.

I think there was just now a thread which made a big point out of
stating that there is absolutely no difference where in the file you put
host statements.

I seem to be a little confused; what is correct? Does it or does it not
matter where in the file you put the host statement?

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: