Question about authoritative server and AA Authoritative Answer

Greg Choules gregchoules+bindusers at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 17 15:00:23 UTC 2024

Hi again.
Please start a packet capture on the auth server. This should do it:
   sudo tcpdump -nvi any -c 10000 -w mydns.pcap port 53
Then from pc1, please do these and copy/paste text output, not screenshots:

dig @172.16.0.254 pc1.reseau1.lan NS +norecurse
dig @172.16.0.254 pc1.reseau1.lan SOA +norecurse
dig @172.16.0.254 pc1.reseau1.lan A +norecurse
dig @172.16.0.254 pc1.reseau1.lan AAAA +norecurse

Now stop the packet capture on the auth server and send all the information.

The reason for using @<IP_address> with dig is to eliminate the stub
resolver on pc1 itself.

Thanks, Greg