Question about authoritative server and AA Authoritative Answer

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 15:20:18 UTC 2024

Please use home.arpa, as defined by RFC 8375. Or better use existing and
registered domain of you or your organization.

What kind of resolver is running on DNS server? Which version?

I would guess dnsmasq or similar. That is willing and able to forward
just queries of selected types, while answering others itself. I think
any proper DNS server does organize its authoritative zones and will
answer with AA for any answer from it.

Are you sure you are asking correct server? Have you tried dig
@172.16.0.254 pc1.reseau1.lan ?

I would guess you have systemd-resolved running on pc1 and it answers
just A type queries itself, but forwards SOA and NS queries.

Cheers,
Petr

--
Petr Menšík