BIND 9.16.30 - $INCLUDE file in the rpz zone file not reloading content and dig not working

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Fri Mar 24 13:34:57 UTC 2023

Honestly, it's pretty hard to help you, as you provided only snippets of configuration.

If you want the help here, you should provide:

1. full (sanitized) configuration file - named-checkconf -px is your friend

2. full state of the zone before

3. full state of the zone after

4. named.log - at least the parts where it shows loading of the zone, rndc commands and what happens after; increasing debugging level might sometimes help (add -d xx to your named invocation)

Without these, we would be just guessing in the dark.

Also you are running BIND 9.16.30; the current version that includes all the bugfixes and security fixes is BIND 9.16.39, but our general recommendation is to upgrade to latest 9.18 version (9.18.13 as of now).

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.