Workaround needed for TSIG Zone Transfer

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Sat Jun 10 04:27:59 UTC 2023

Hi Rick,

even while I should be destroying message (Sensitivity: Internal.) message, I am rather going to respond…

Our colleague Tony Finch written nsnotifyd: https://dotat.at/prog/nsnotifyd/

Run this somewhere close to the proprietary server and configure it to send valid notifies to named. Then configure the non conformant proprietary server to send notifies to nsnotifyd.

My recommendation would be still to save money by replacing the broken proprietary stuff with the open source.

Alternatively, perhaps the server can send notifies from a different IP address than the address of the primary NS? You might be able to configure different ACLs for the allow-notify block and don’t couple the notify-IP with any TSIG key.

Ondřej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.