How to update zone with dnssec-policy

Nick Tait nick at tait.net.nz
Tue Jul 4 05:17:16 UTC 2023

Hi Matthias.It looks like nobody solved your /original/ problem? If you are still looking for an answer it might help if you posted some logs? The people on this list are good at interpreting any errors you're seeing. :-)Nick.
-------- Original message --------From: Matthias Fechner <idefix at fechner.net> Date: 2/07/23  11:29 PM  (GMT+12:00) To: bind-users at lists.isc.org Subject: How to update zone with dnssec-policy Dear all,I have the following problem that changes in a zone file do not get active, no matter if I reload the zone using rndc or restarting bind 9.16.42 on FreeBSD.If I update a zone I edit the zone file, adapt the serial in the SOA and normally do a rndc reload fechner.net.The nameserver is more or less setup like it is described here:https://wiki.idefix.fechner.net/freebsd/bind/The zonefile for domain fechner.net are in directory: /usr/local/etc/namedb/master/fechner.netIt is not a dynamic zone file or better I cannot freeze it:  rndc freeze fechner.netrndc: 'freeze' failed: not dynamicBut if I delete the files:fechner.net.jbkfechner.net.signed.jnland restart bind, zone changes are correctly loaded and I can see an increased serial in:dig -t soa fechner.net.Would be nice if someone can explain me, how I need to edit a zone file, that has a dnssec-policy attached that modification get active, without the need to delete the `*.[jbk|jnl] files.Thanks a lot.GrußMatthias-- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving tobuild bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying toproduce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." --Rich Cook-- Visit https://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users to unsubscribe from this listISC funds the development of this software with paid support subscriptions. Contact us at https://www.isc.org/contact/ for more information.bind-users mailing listbind-users at lists.isc.orghttps://lists.isc.org/mailman/listinfo/bind-users