Finding dnssec validation failures in the logs

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:19:32 UTC 2023

I looked in logs of my resolver in my home network and see a similar message from January 6th:

06-Jan-2023 17:09:23.677 dnssec: info:   validating in-addr.arpa/SOA: got insecure response; parent indicates it should be secure

I interpret that to mean that someone’s DNS is misconfigured.  I guess it could mean someone is trying to serve up wrong answers ...

Found many lines of 'no valid signature found’

I think you are probably OK.