sub-subdomian not being resolved NXDOMAIN.

Crist Clark cjc+bind-users at pumpky.net
Sun Dec 3 01:21:39 UTC 2023

Ancient BIND version, but won’t mention it beyond that. Others are going to.

This should work fine. Having multiple levels of labels in the zone
shouldn’t be a problem. But you’re not providing enough detail to
troubleshoot. You’re going to have to show the config and zone files to
really get any help. And just just providing snippets of the files might
not show where the problem is. You also should provide the “dig” output and
the precise errors you get back (e.g. the SOA record returned in the
NXDOMAIN response might provide clues).