Fully automated DNSSEC with BIND 9.16

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Mon Apr 17 17:15:03 UTC 2023

You do not have to sift through lists. We provide quite detailed git
branch with each change we make. It has references to bugs related too.
I admit changes listed in release notes of bind9 releases are nicer. But
we do not hide what and why we do changes, publish them quite nice way
for c9s [1]. It would be the same c8s as well soon.

For important changes they are mentioned in release notes of the minor
release. But I admit we do not mention explicitly each bug we fix the
way ISC does. It would make our documentation unreadable.

In any case, even if we fall behind a couple of releases, any our
packages of bind 9.16 are capable of automated DNSSEC deployment just
fine. Sure, even we do not support it for RHEL7 or older.

[1] https://gitlab.com/redhat/centos-stream/rpms/bind/-/commits/c9s

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer, RHEL