Fully automated DNSSEC with BIND 9.16

Havard Eidnes he at uninett.no
Mon Apr 17 13:10:14 UTC 2023

> Our CentOS/RHEL 8 package are not just random BIND 9 snapshot.

Then please let me suggest that there is possibly an issue with
identification (customer said "9.16.23") and documentation of the
actual changes that are incorprorated in your distribution, compared
to the upstream-maintained patch releases published since that
release.  Sifting through those two lists and juding what's "needed"
and what isn't quite quickly becomes an unmanageable task.

Stability of the base version of BIND (perhaps in particular) should
not be mis-interpreted as an indication of continuing operational
safety.

Otherwise I have sympathy with Ondřey Surý's message.

Best regards,

- Håvard