Installing bind on Windows 10

Danny Mayer mayer at pdmconsulting.net
Fri Sep 9 15:01:34 UTC 2022

I wrote the Windows BIND installer to install the BIND daemon (named) as
a service with minimum privileges. It creates a service account with
minimum privileges if the service account does not already exist. It was
never intended to install tools. You don't need the installer if you
only want dig. Just copy the dig.exe and the library files (including
OpenSSL) to a folder and add the folder to your PATH environmental
variable. You don't need a service account to run any of the tools.

Danny