automatic reverse and forwarding zones

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Oct 28 07:29:01 UTC 2022

On 28.10.22 08:26, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>BIND 9 have support for writing plugins, and we would accept a well written
> plugin that would allow generating the forward/reverse plugins on the fly.
>
>There’s already a feature request for it here: https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/1586

this request for ipv4 too.

I really don't think making generic named for ipv6 addresses within range
bigger then e.g. /112 (64Ki addresses) makes any sense.

prehaps it may for small subsets of IP addresses

/64 is 18446744073709551616 addresses, that can't be scanned in meaningful
time and this number of DNS records would just mess up any DNS servers'
memory.

making BIND resilient against overflowing memory this way would make more
sense than creating generic addresses.

>>> On 27.10.22 07:58, Marco wrote:
>>> How is the syntax for IPv6?
>>> Is it possible to do it for an entire /64?

>> On 27. 10. 2022, at 10:12, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote:
>> this would create HUGE amount of records, they wouldn't fit into memory.

Boost your system's speed by 500% - DEL C:\WINDOWS\*.*