automatic reverse and forwarding zones

Tom lists at verreckte-cheib.ch
Thu Oct 27 18:37:52 UTC 2022

Hi Marco

Probably Knot could help here
(https://www.knot-dns.cz/docs/3.2/html/modules.html#synthrecord-automatic-forward-reverse-records)
where Knot is able to generate IPv6-PTR and IPv6-AAAA based on a pattern
"on-the-fly". Do you want to achieve something like this?

# Reverse-Lookup
$ dig @resolver +short -x 2a02:1368:6000::cafe
static-2a02-1368-6000--cafe.cust.swissbackbone.net.

# Forward-Lookup (AAAA)
$ dig @resolver +short aaaa
static-2a02-1368-6000--cafe.cust.swissbackbone.net.
2a02:1368:6000::cafe

Best regards,
Tom