FORMERR responses after upgrading resolver from 9.16 to 9.18.8

Sandro lists at penguinpee.nl
Sat Oct 22 22:20:12 UTC 2022

On 21-10-2022 16:53, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> there are two layers- Google certainly doesn’t do anything wrong, but
> they would do a world a favor if there was a stronger push towards
> compliance with DNS protocol.

That's the conundrum with big tech. If it serves them well, they will
force others to follow their/the standards.

Doing favors for the better good does not seem to be in their
dictionary. Look at DNSSEC.

<snip>

> Somebody needs to make the first step, so we did it. It’s documented
> in the troubleshooting section, it can be disabled, and if anybody
> feels there could be more or better documentation, we do accept
> external Merge Requests, and we do appreciate improvements to the
> documentation as well as to the code. The documentation is equally
> important as correct code, and we are not operator ourselves, so we
> might miss few things.

Kudos for biting the bullet. I hope it will trickle down and get the
mopping done. I'm certainly in favor of reporting over working around
the issue. But I don't have customers breathing down my neck.

-- Sandro