automatic reverse and forwarding zones

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Mon Nov 7 15:28:11 UTC 2022

> On 7. 11. 2022, at 16:19, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar at fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
> while it's doable, and with using BIND plugin at generating server it won't need much of memory, any server that will be repeatedly asked to resolve IPs from that range will fill its cache with generated records.

That's not any different than wildcard record in a forward zone. The resolvers already have to deal with garbage in the cache and cache eviction algorithms.

The DNS server doesn't live among rainbows and unicorns, so we prepare for the worst to come from network, not the best.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.