automatic reverse and forwarding zones

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Nov 7 15:19:55 UTC 2022

On 07.11.22 16:07, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>How do you know it's a garbage?
>
>One woman's trash is another woman's treasure...

That is the point.

If anyone generates generic DNS records for /64 (16Ei addresses) as the OP
asked for:

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2022-October/106846.html

...it will most probably be just garbage.

while it's doable, and with using BIND plugin at generating server it won't
need much of memory, any server that will be repeatedly asked to resolve IPs
from that range will fill its cache with generated records.

Won't this cause troubles on any server?
I don't know - it might.
if it does, do we have anything against it?

Won't this cause even more problem on server generating those records?

Windows 2000: 640 MB ought to be enough for anybody