Primary zone not fully maintained by BIND

Sandro lists at penguinpee.nl
Thu May 26 12:33:56 UTC 2022

On 26-05-2022 12:00, Sandro wrote:

> Thank you, Matthijs, for pointing out the bug. Do you have any
> suggestion for what to try first, key separation or policy separation?

Well, I went for key separation. Let's see if it sticks. Last time I
restarted BIND everything seemed fine in the beginning as well.

Of course, the question remains if there's still a bug hiding here
somewhere. I'd be happy providing more information and performing tests
to gather information.

What's been throwing me of balance over and over is the fact the zone
file on disk can be outdated for quite some time, while the answers
provided querying BIND with dig are already updated. But that's probably
me getting acquainted with BIND being in charge of the zone.

-- Sandro