Problems building bind 9.18.1 on FreeBSD

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Fri Mar 25 15:16:39 UTC 2022

> On 25 Mar 2022, at 14:34, Ondřej Surý <ondrej at isc.org> wrote:
>
>> On 25. 3. 2022, at 11:49, Borja Marcos <borjam at sarenet.es> wrote:
>>
>> Following up on this subject, looks like there were substantial changes to the build process for 9.18.1?
>
> Yes.

Thanks. I was just wondering.

>> The port maintainers seem to be having a hard time with it.
>
> There’s an issue tracker for any bugs found. Making general statements like this is neither helpful
> to those “maintainers” (they can speak for themselves, do they) nor the the upstream developers.

My apologies. I am not intending to be offensive of course!

I am just a spectator (I am using bind but I am not one of the maintainers nor I have time for that).

That said (and this is just an opinion) with all due respect of course, if bind evolves in a way that makes
it much harder to build on non Linux systems, I am concerned.

Cheers,

Borja.