Can an RPZ record be used for a non-existed domain?

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Thu Mar 24 16:39:28 UTC 2022

On Thu, 24 Mar 2022, VASILAKIS GEORGIOS wrote:
> I have an RPZ containing 2700 Records using A record redirection.

I've got an RPZ with thousands of PTR records! I don't know how many
domains that means I took over, although some of them clearly don't exist
because I get NXDOMAIN when trying to look up the legitimate records.

> Is it possible to add records for non-existing domains to the RPZ?

I have another RPZ which I use for labeled uses. This results in local
search lists being consulted, so I see things like
foo.example.com.example.com, foo.example.com.com (and if they exist they
shouldn't) and I block them (e.g. *.com.com) to prevent information
leakage and garbage traffic.

HTH...

--

Fred Morris, internet plumber