How to make SRV records work with caching resolvers?

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 15:40:24 UTC 2022

It certainly is the issue of the equipment. It should fetch any name
address it does not know.

I am thinking without tested it. Would pointing those phones to
authoritative server directly with a possible caching forwarder help?
Maybe if you ensure all those records has matching TTL and having all
records served by the same server itself, it would never offer just
partial reply.

Proper fix would be update from device vendor however.