9.18.0 now available and broken on ppc64le

Petr Menšík pemensik at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 10:23:21 UTC 2022

Unfortunately that makes initial release of new stable branch not
working on ppc64le architecture at all. All IBM Power8 or Power9 I were
testing reports cacheline size 128, and therefore fails probably on any
such processor. Not even unit test or dig or host command would run on it.

More in MR 5758 [1] and MR 5748 [2]. Good illustration is also my build
of last development release [3].

I would like to thank for the hard work to whole isc team anyway.
Improvements are significant and this is really minor issue, which would
be fixed soon.

1. https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/merge_requests/5758
2. https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/merge_requests/5748
3.
https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/pemensik/bind9-next/build/3254680/

--
Petr Menšík
Software Engineer
email: pemensik at redhat.com
PGP: DFCF908DB7C87E8E529925BC4931CA5B6C9FC5CB