Behavior of port tag in options clause is ambiguous

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Fri Dec 16 06:41:34 UTC 2022

Hi,

there’s really nice documentation for BIND 9, and it’s even online and have a section on the “port”: https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/reference.html#namedconf-statement-port

Also don’t limit the outgoing ports to a single number - that’s a bad security practice, you should be using the full range if possible.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý — ISC (He/Him)

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.