DoT forwarding from BIND9

Petr Špaček pspacek at isc.org
Thu Dec 15 13:23:47 UTC 2022

On 14. 12. 22 16:55, Petr Menšík wrote:
> Hi Vicky.
>
> Excellent, thank you for the issue link.
>
> Is backport to 9.18 decided already? Would it appear on minor updates in
> 9.18.x line? I see comment it needs some missing feature. Is that
> temporary issue or already decided? It seems to be important
> prerequisite for Zero Trust initiative implementation.
>
> On 12/14/22 16:16, Victoria Risk wrote:
>> Petr,
>>
>> You didn’t miss it, we don’t have it yet.
>> https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/-/issues/3726

Currently we don't plan backport of this feature. It is an invasive
change and v9.18 is in its "stable years" now.

FTR you can gather this information from Gitlab:
If you look at "Labels" in the sidebar on the right you can notice green
"v9.19" label and no green "v9.18" label. That indicates that we do not
plan to backport it to v9.18 branch.

(Also, if you hover your cursor over individual labels it will give you
more wordy description of their meaning.)

HTH.

--
Petr Špaček