Domain no longer fully secure after move

Sandro lists at penguinpee.nl
Wed Dec 14 18:13:39 UTC 2022

Hi,

I'm trying to understand what exactly is wrong with DNSSEC for my
domain, penguinpee.nl, before contacting involved parties.

I recently (last weekend) moved the domain to a new registrar. The keys
are now managed by the registrar directly. At least I don't see an
option providing my own or additional keys in their web interface.

Moreover, I'm no longer running my own DNS server. :(
Previously, I could set my own BIND server as a primary server for my
domain and have the registrar use AXFR to update the secondaries.

The DNSViz analysis for the current situation:
https://dnsviz.net/d/penguinpee.nl/Y5oJSw/dnssec/

And from before the move:
https://dnsviz.net/d/penguinpee.nl/Yq3P8w/dnssec/

Verisign has one single complaint: No DS records found for penguinpee.nl
in the nl zone.

IIUC, the details for the DS record have to be provided by my new
registrar, so SIDN can add them.

-- Sandro