[KASP] setup KASP in master / slave architecture

Darren Ankney darren.ankney at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 11:58:50 UTC 2022

Because the zone is signed with DNSSEC but not encrypted.  DNSSEC is only providing authentication of the source of the zone, not hiding the contents (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4033).  For the primary -> secondary zone transfer, you should setup TSIG authentication if you haven’t already to ensure that only your secondary can perform a zone transfer (https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc2931 and https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_9/chapter7.html#tsig).