[KASP] setup KASP in master / slave architecture

adrien sipasseuth sipasseuth.adrien at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 08:24:42 UTC 2022

Hello,

Lokking for some guidance, sorry if i use the wrong way to contact community
user support.

I would like to set up DNSSEC using KASP.

I have an architecture with a master and several slaves.

Here is my policy and zone configuration:

dnssec-policy "test" {

    keys {

        ksk lifetime P3D algorithm rsasha256 2048;

        zsk lifetime P2D algorithm rsasha256 1024;

    };

};

zone "**************" {

    type master;

    file "/*******/*****.db";

    notify yes;

    key-directory "/******/******/";

    inline-signing yes;

    dnssec-policy test;

};

after restart, it seems ok, keys are generated on master, no errors in logs
etc.

I copied this policy, the keys and the zone configuration on each of my
slaves then I restarted my slaves everything seems ok (in the logs).

except that now I wonder if the keys on each of my slaves will be generated
independently from those of my master.

In this case, I will end up with different keys for the same zone depending
on the slave1 / slave2 etc / master. I suppose that it is not good because
we should have for the same zone, a pair of keys and this one should be
copied on each slaves?

There some tuto / documentation about how to setup KASP in master / slaves
topology ?

Sorry if it's not enough clear...

Thank you

*Adrien SIPASSEUTH*