forwarder cache

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Dec 1 16:07:53 UTC 2022

> On 30. 11. 2022, at 22:17, Hamid Maadani <hamid at dexo.tech> wrote:
>
> Ondrej, I have not been "withholding" or "censoring" information.

Yes, you were and still are - yet again, you don't give us full picture and
you are guessing what might be wrong.

> Instead of dumping all data on you guys, I have tried to provide targeted information in order to help.

And yet this quickly turned from "why does cache doesn't work" into "I'm developing DLZ module and it doesn't work as expected".

> If you and your team find this a "waste of time", feel free to ignore this thread and do not respond.

No, it's a waste of time if you don't tell the whole picture and selectively pick information that you think is relevant.

If you want help, don't do that. You don't have to "dump all data", but telling the whole story would likely lead to a positive result much quicker. You are asking people to help you for free, so you need to do your homework properly.

Now the important part we haven't heard yet...

How do the DNS responses (full messages) from NS2 that are not being cached look like?

The DNS messages should roughly look like this:

; <<>> DiG 9.19.5-1+0~20220921.84+debian10~1.gbp190ab0-Debian <<>> +norec -p 5300 IN A example.nil @10.53.0.1
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
; COOKIE: f50707710c959ced010000006388d08116eb56fc18db4c07 (good)
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;example.nil.			IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
example.nil.		1800	IN	A	10.53.0.1

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
example.nil.		3600	IN	NS	example.nil.

;; Query time: 0 msec
;; SERVER: 10.53.0.1#5300(10.53.0.1) (UDP)
;; WHEN: Thu Dec 01 17:04:17 CET 2022
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 98

This is from the example driver located in the system tests (bin/tests/system/dlzexternal/driver).

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.