BIND >= 9.18, jemalloc and EL7

Ondřej Surý ondrej at isc.org
Thu Aug 25 13:54:18 UTC 2022

Hi Anand,

I think there's only a risk that ISC doesn't regularly test with older jemalloc versions,
so you might get a hit by a bug we are not aware of.

Upstream recommends upgrading to at least 5.1.0 and further releases (up to 5.3.0)
fixes some bugs introduced in 5.x releases, but it's ultimately your decision

It's little bit similar with libuv - you will be better running with latest upstream release,
but you can get away with older versions too.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)
ondrej at isc.org

My working hours and your working hours may be different. Please do not feel obligated to reply outside your normal working hours.