isc python module

Petr Špaček pspacek at isc.org
Tue Aug 16 12:12:06 UTC 2022

On 16. 08. 22 12:46, BÖSCH Christian wrote:
>      >> So my question is whether the isc python module no longer exists, and
>      >> whether there is an alternative?
>      >
>      > Please see release notes for 9.18.0, section Removed Features:
>      >
>      >https://bind9.readthedocs.io/en/v9_18_5/notes.html#removed-features
>      >
>      > Besides other things it links to copy of the library, (which is formally
>      > not supported outside of BIND 9.16, to be clear).
>
>      Correcting myself:
>      The isc Python module is formally supported only as part of BIND 9.16
>      codebase.
>
> Thanks Petr for your response.
> And if the module is no longer supported is there no replacement or any other possibility
> to deal with ansible or scripting the rndc commands?

I'm not sure what "deal with Ansible" exactly mean :-) ISC does not and
did not provide an Ansible module, I believe, so in that respect nothing
has changed - use whatever third party software you were using before.

The rndc protocol is not evolving at the moment, so it should be
unlikely we break the compatibility in near future.

Does it answer your question?

--
Petr Špaček