Attempting to configure an ISC BIND repository on Red Hat Linux 7.9

DeCaro, James John (Jim) CIV DISA FE (USA) james.j.decaro3.civ at mail.mil
Thu Apr 28 14:52:50 UTC 2022

Dnf is not available. Therefore using yum

Linux Red Hat 7.9 virtual machine on VMware, has internet connectivity

Set up local repository in /etc/yum.repos.d/download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org_results_isc_bind_epel-8-_.repo:

[copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:isc:bind]
name=Copr repo for bind owned by isc
baseurl=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-$basearch/
type=rpm-md
skip_if_unavailable=False
enabled=1
enabled_metadata=1
gpgcheck=0
#gpgkey=https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/pubkey.gpg
repo_gpgcheck=0

--changed gpgcheck and repo gpgcheck to '0' and also commented out gpgkey=.....  to try and get around the errors

# yum install isc-bind:   rcd an error related to an ssl cert-therefore set sslverify=0 in /etc/yum.conf

now receiving error: "https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 503 - Service Unavailable" for each of the sites in isc: https:// download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/    (i.e. repeats 10 x)

curl -k https://download.copr.fedorainfracloud.org/results/isc/bind/epel-8-x86_64/  shows web page content so the connection is good

# sealert -a /var/log/audit/audit.log does not show any output

# firewall-cmd -list-all  <and> --list-ports   does not show any blocks or filters

there are no entries in /var/log/yum.log (blank)

no references to the issue in /var/log/messages

internet search indicates a possible issue with the target site (which I doubt)

I am relatively new to repository configuration, so I am assuming I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for any input

V/R
Jim DeCaro