REST API for recursive queries

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed May 5 13:19:14 UTC 2021

Roee Mayerowicz <roee at cyberpion.com> wrote:

> I have ~700k (and growing) domain names that should be resolved daily.
> I'm trying to make it efficient as possible using the recursive BIND
> server (do you know a better option?), the goal is to get 2000 queries
> per second with minimum server\s cost.

I do bulk lookups on that kind of scale when I am preparing a recursive
server to go into production. I use this small (250 line) program as a
front end to adns that works the way I like. It can easily manage
thousands of queries per second.

https://git.uis.cam.ac.uk/x/uis/ipreg/adns-masterfile.git

(That URL may stop working within the next few months because we're moving
to GitLab and my old git server will be shut down, though I would like to
find somewhere to host redirection tombstones...)

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <dot at dotat.at>  https://dotat.at/
North Foreland to Selsey Bill: Westerly 5 or 6, decreasing 3 or 4,