DNS Misconfiguration on- http://cyberia.net.sa/

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Jun 7 03:03:08 UTC 2020

On 05 Jun 2020, at 04:10, Jukka Pakkanen <jukka.pakkanen at qnet.fi> wrote:
> Thx for the info, had missed this one and actually we have that minor misconfiguration too. Have had since 1995 when started our nameservers and never noticed…

If it makes you feel better, it wasn't an error in 1995.

I remember removing the last of the localhost pointers in my dns setup less than 20 years ago. Perhaps a lot less? More than 8 years ago for sure.

I do not remember why it was recommended in the first place for sure, but I think it was to reduce load on the DNS, nor why it stopped being recommended, probably some attack vector?

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste
	good with ketchup