VS: VS: DNS Misconfiguration on- http://cyberia.net.sa/

Jukka Pakkanen jukka.pakkanen at qnet.fi
Fri Jun 5 14:19:57 UTC 2020

Yes but I think the rfc1537 refers, and the recommendation always was "localhost." hostname, which refers to name "localhost", not "localhost.domain". Then I guess, this was already wrong in the O'Reilly "DNS and BIND" book (have to check that), which I remember using as a guideline to set up our first domains/zones.  And from that, the setting was copied later on to all new domains too.

Jukka