securing bind in todays hostile environment

N. Max Pierson nmaxpierson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 16:21:46 UTC 2020

Ah, allow me to apologize then. Since I did not see any mention as to why you possibly didn’t think ansible would serve us well for this job I had wrongly assumed you to had maybe demo’d or just got handed the task of automating in your organization and didn’t have time to research or test it before go live, causing a bad experience from it possibly.

The idea for ansible in this case would be to simply manage the zones for us on record changes which allowed me to come up with a front end so our customers would have self service for the ones that do not pay us to manage their zone for them. Trying not to have to re-invent the wheel and write some sort of API that did some sort of regex nightmare in shell against the zones, etc for simple changes. I can much more easily write a form that generates YML I need with the data. The next step is to actually interface with ansible at the API level to remove the having to generate YML and run cli commands all together, but I’m only one person and coding isn’t even more area of expertise, so in time lol.

Yes I have been a part of that same boat a few times myself elsewhere but fortunately where I am now, they seem to understand if I make them more money, it has to work both ways. They agreed so the arrangement is working quite well and I appreciate the remark.

regards,