AW: Unable to completely transfer root zone

von Dein, Thomas Thomas.vonDein at f-i-ts.de
Tue Feb 11 13:44:39 UTC 2020

Hi,

> So maybe try setting `request-ixfr no;` and see if that improves matters.

Nope, didn't change anything. Also, I was wrong when I stated that dig works, it does not. It transfers only a part of the zone as well.

However, in the meantime we found, that some component drops packets. I implemented my own "root nameserver" and lots of packets sent out from it are not arriving here.

So, not bind9's fault.

Thanks a lot for your help anyway people!

best,
Tom