Problems removing a domain

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Tue Mar 5 15:20:10 UTC 2019

Op 05-03-19 om 15:21 schreef Matus UHLAR - fantomas:

>> Op 05-03-19 om 11:51 schreef Anand Buddhdev:
>>> Did you run "rndc reconfig" after removing it from the named.conf.local
>>> file?
>
> On 05.03.19 14:41, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>> This was a long time ago. In the meantime I have rebooted the server.
>>
>> What I see, is that the resolving does not work from other locations.
>>
>> Only when I use my own nameserver the domain is resolved, and it gives
>> an "Non-authoritative answer".
>
> both kinds of behaviour indicate that the domain is not configured on your
> BIND server, but it was resolved using recursion
>
>> Any idea how to delete this?
>
> delete what? the domain does not exist now, but it's configured and
> delegated. your BIND may have cached local copy, or you have forwarding set> to a server which does know the domain.

No, I have never done that.

> can you use "dig" instead of "host" to see what does your BIND know?
>
> dig any extensus.nl.

---------
root at ns1:/etc/bind/domeinen# dig any @localhost extensus.nl

; <<>> DiG 9.10.3-P4-Debian <<>> any @localhost extensus.nl
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 57790
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;extensus.nl.			IN	ANY

;; Query time: 53 msec
;; SERVER: ::1#53(::1)
;; WHEN: Tue Mar 05 16:12:54 CET 2019
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 40

root at ns1:/etc/bind/domeinen#
---------

But... I think I found it:
----------
root at ns1:/etc/bind/domeinen# rndc flushtree extensus.nl
root at ns1:/usr/local/sbin# nslookup extensus.nl localhost
;; Got SERVFAIL reply from ::1, trying next server
Server:		localhost
Address:	127.0.0.1#53

** server can't find extensus.nl: SERVFAIL

root at ns1:/usr/local/sbin#

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

https://www.vandervlis.nl/