Problems removing a domain

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Mar 5 14:21:41 UTC 2019

On 05.03.19 14:41, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>This was a long time ago. In the meantime I have rebooted the server.
>
>What I see, is that the resolving does not work from other locations.
>
>Only when I use my own nameserver the domain is resolved, and it gives
>an "Non-authoritative answer".

both kinds of behaviour indicate that the domain is not configured on your
BIND server, but it was resolved using recursion

>Any idea how to delete this?

delete what? the domain does not exist now, but it's configured and
delegated. your BIND may have cached local copy, or you have forwarding set
to a server which does know the domain.

can you use "dig" instead of "host" to see what does your BIND know?

dig any extensus.nl.

Quantum mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.