Forward zone inside a view

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Feb 7 14:26:39 UTC 2019

Roberto Carna <robertocarna36 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Tony, I forward the "linux.org" queries from our private Bind to our
> Bind resolvers (they have authoritative public zones and also they are
> resolvers that forward the queries to 8.8.8.8).
>
> So why you say they are authoritative only servers?

Oh, I misread your explanation, I thought the "recursion no" in your
configuration was on the target server. But it is on the server with the
"type forward" zone, and since forwarding requires recursion, it will not
work.

Tony.
Shannon: Southwest 7 to severe gale 9, veering west gale 8 to storm 10 later.
Very rough, becoming high or very high. Rain or squally showers. Poor.